Welcome to Year 5.
The class teachers are Mr. Pigford and Miss Spence. Teachers are supported by Miss Stafford and Mrs. Hossack. Useful information can be found below:
- PE sessions will take place on a Friday afternoon. The children will need their school indoor PE kit (blue t-shirt and shorts) and additional kit for use outdoors on these days.
- Homework will be given out every Friday and must be returned the following Wednesday. Homework will consist of one piece of English and one piece of Maths. A list of spellings will also be given and these will be tested on a Friday.
- The children can change their reading book as they need to, but there must be a signature from an adult in their home reading record book at least three times a week to confirm they are reading regularly.
- Class teachers are available at the end of each day as they dismiss the class to answer any questions or discuss any concerns or queries.
- The topic which we will be studying this half term is 'Brazil'.
- Our current science topic is 'Earth and Space'.
Need to know...
We are encouraging children to learn their multiplication tables in order to give themselves the best possible chance of being successful in mathematics. Pupils are expected to know ALL multiplication facts to 12 x 12 by heart. Throughout the year, we will be revising these facts.
A list of tables can be found below:
In addition, pupils must know how to read and spell ALL of the words from the National Curriculum Y4 word list and should be developing their knowledge of words on the Y5/6 list. Both word lists can be found below: